For the recipe.....I used the same old 3- minute Pedha recipe ( http://my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweet-treats-3-minute-pedhascondensed.html) with few modifications-
1/2 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 can of 14 oz sweet condensed milk
1 cup+ little Dry milk powder(I used carnation milk powder)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4tsp Saffron crushed
Liquid Food colors:( Red and Yellow color) or Orange color and green color
1) Mix together butter, condensed milk, milk powder in a large microwave safe bowl
2) Warm 1/4 cup milk with saffron.Add to the butter, milk powder mixture.Mix well
3) Microwave for 3-4 minute total, mixing every 1 minute.The mixture will fluff up and thicken as it cooks. Remember to mix every 1 minute.
4) After 4 minutes, if it isn't thick enough to roll into Pedhas, add 2 tsp milk powder, mix. Microwave for 40 secs more.
5) Add orange color drop by drop ( If using Red and yellow to make orange...mix 4 parts red + 2part yellow to get orange color). Mix. Add more to get desired orange color if needed.
6) After cooling, knead well.Roll into small balls of equal size without cracks. You can apply butter/ ghee to your hands to prevent sticking.Slightly flatten them to get pumpkin shape. Make ridges on the sides with a small fork.
For details chk:
7) Make the Pumpkin stem by slightly pinching the top.
8) Apply green color to the stem with a small brush.Draw eyes and mouth with green color with pointed brush.
Your own little Pumpkin Patch is ready and sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!!
Halloween cake that I baked few years ago: