Those good old college days...you didn't care where you ate...what you ate.....how much you ate....how many calories it had....how 'dirty' that place was....how often you ate out....you cared for nothing....
All you did was..have fun!!!
Don't you want to revisit that life? I feel like!!
Since, it isn't really possible to go back(unless someone really has a time machine!!)....I am revisiting my college days...by having this Spicy tempting 'buttery' masala pav!!
The original one doesn't have carrots..but to 'up' the nutrition factor and give the masala a little 'crunch' I added some carrots to the mixture.
8 slices of white bread( use 'pav bhaji' bread for original masala pav. I used whole grain white bread)
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
1 carrot shredded
2cloves garlic finely chopped
1tsp red chili powder(add more for spicier taste)
1/2tsp garam masala
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
butter(amul butter if you have)
1) In 2tsp oil fry the cumin, onions,garlic till tender. Add the tomatoes and fry till soft.
2) Add carrots, chili powder,salt,ketchup,garam masala.This mixture should be spicy and little tangy from the tomatoes and ketchup.Add the chopped cilantro and take off the heat.
3) To a slice a bread apply butter.On the other slice apply the carrot masala thinly.Make a sandwich
4) Toast the sandwich on low flame on little butter till golden brown and delicious.
5) Slice into triangles before serving.Serve hot!!!