Popular Recipes

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Everyday Cooking"- 'Three Pepper' Spicy Shrimp

"M' has been away for this whole week. I am bored... tired ...handling both 'E' and 'A' on my own... and.... can't wait for this week to get over!!
To give myself some 'enthusiasm'...I cooked this for lunch today. 'M' is not a big fan of Shrimps (He thinks they look  like worms!!! LOL!!) So Shrimp is my 'lonely' food...i.e food that I cook ..when he is out on work tour ...
I like my Shrimp spicy....and today I made it with three types of peppers- Green Chili Pepper(green chilies), Green Bell Pepper and Black Pepper...
And that gorgeous...delicate Cilantro...is from my very own vegetable garden!!!

Ingredients:
1 Cup cleaned deveined Shrimp
1/2 large onion sliced thinly
1 large tomato sliced thinly
1/4 cup Green Bell pepper sliced thinly
1-2 Green Chili sliced thinly
8-12 whole Black Peppers
1 Clove Garlic finely chopped
1/2tsp Chicken Curry Masala
1/4tsp Cumin
3tsp oil
Salt
Chopped Cilantro for Garnish

Method:
1) Heat oil in a pan, when hot add the cumin and black pepper.add the sliced onions.Fry till golden brown.
2) Add the Chilies, Green peppers,garlic and tomatoes and salt and fry till nicely cooked and brown.Add the masala powder and fry 1-2 mins.
3) Add the cleaned washed Shrimp to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins till the Shrimp is tender and cooked through.
4) Garnish with chopped cilantro.Serve HOT with Rotis/ Naan/ Rice.











No comments:

Post a Comment