Popular Recipes

Friday, May 4, 2012

"Appetizers"- Spinach-Rice Vadas

Potluck Potlucks potlucks...sometimes I run out of ideas..what should I make??? I remembered my friend 'S' telling me about how she uses up the leftover rice.
I thought why not try these vadas and add some spinach so that you feel just a bit less guilty about eating fried food ;)

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked rice (leftover or cooled)
1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (you can add more for more greener vadas)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1tsp finely chopped green chilies (add more for spicier vadas)
1tsp finely chopped garlic
1tsp cumin
1/3 cup Chakali bhajani or  Rice flour  ( they will be tastier with chakali bhajani)
salt
oil to fry

 Method:
1) Mix together rice, spinach and all the above ingredients. Mix well.
2) Make into 'doughnut' or medu vada shape.
3) Deep fry in oil till golden brown. Drain on paper towel

4) Serve hot with your favorite chutney/ hot and sweet sauce




2 comments: