So the menu for this weeks potluck was...2 types of pastas, a soup, a salad and then a dessert.Everything tasted good and we had a satisfying meal at 'V''s new house.
For Fruit Custard
Custard powder of your favorite brand and flavor
Fruits cut into bite size pieces: Apples,peeled oranges,Pineapple, grapes, bananas
Handful of chocolate chips
Sprinkles for decoration
1) Make the custard according to directions on the custard powder can.Let it cool
2) Add the Vanilla essence,chopped fruits,chocolate chips and chill in refrigerator.
Phyllo/Filo Dough Cups:
6 Phyllo sheets
2tbsp melted butter
1) Thaw the filo dough as per packet directions
2) Place 1 rectangular sheet of filo on cutting board. Apply melted butter gently with a brush.Apply through the whole sheet. Be gentle, otherwise the sheets will tear.
5) Let the filo cups cool before filling with fruits custard.
6) Just before serving, fill the cups with cold Fruit custard till the top and garnish with sprinkles.
The crisp buttery filo along with chilled creamy fruit custard gives a wonderful explosion of textures in every bite!