Kaju- Pista Rolls:
Kalakand (yet to try) and many other sweets.
Chocolate Burfi recipe
425 gms Whole milk Ricotta cheese
1 and 1/4th cup Carnation milk powder
2.5 Tbsp Cocoa powder
3/4th cup sugar
1/4th cup milk+2tbsp milk
1tsp Vanilla essence
Almond chips for decoration
1) In a non stick kadhai/skillet, melt 1tsp ghee. On medium to low flame add the ricotta cheese. Stir for about 15 mins. First the cheese will melt and then start getting thick again. This is similar to Khoya/ Khava.
Ricotta can burn easily. So, use non stick skillet and keep the flame low/medium!
2) When it starts leaving the sides of the kadhai, add milk, sugar and milk powder. Stir all together. Cook till it starts leaving the sides of the kadhai. This will take about 15 mins or so. The mixture will become thin first and then thick.The mixture should become like soft dough( thick enough to be able to be rolled)
3) Add the vanilla. Mix well. Take off the gas.
4)Let it cool.In the cocoa powder add 1tbsp milk and make into smooth paste.If required add the other tbsp milk.But do not make the mixture too runny.
5) To 1/3rd of the Ricotta mixture add the cocoa powder and mix till well blended.
6) Apply ghee to the surface of a aluminum foil sheet.Spread the chocolate-ricotta mixture and roll with buttered rolling pin till about 1/2inch thick square/rectangle