Popular Recipes

Monday, June 20, 2011

"Appetizers"- Eggplant Rollatinis


Are there any 'food choices' that are different between you and your significant other? They say that....after years of living together, a couple becomes 'like' each other. Do their food preferences change too???
Between me and 'M', there are many 'food differences'. I love Rice and dishes made with rice.He eats rice in the form of 'Biryani' only. I like eggplant.He hates eggplant.I like bananas.He can't stand bananas.I like prawns....he can hardly taste them....
So, when he is out for work..I indulge into my favorite foods!!! 
This was one such 'Eggplant' indulgence for me....



Ingredients:
8 Eggplant slices(about 3/4th cm thick, cut from center of a large eggplant)
1/4cup Cream cheese
1/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
2tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2tsp red pepper flakes
1/4th tsp ground black pepper
1/4tsp garlic paste
1/4th cup chopped cilantro
salt
oil
Maggie hot and sweet sauce/ Marinara sauce/ ketchup
Method:
1) Apply salt and pepper on the eggplant slices. Rub a little oil.Grill on a 'grill pan' for a minute on both sides to cook the eggplant and get those gorgeous 'grill marks'.
( I love to eat the grilled eggplant just by itself too!!!!)

2) Mix the cheeses, red pepper, black pepper, salt, cilantro,garlic. etc to get the filling.
3)  Place the filling in the center of the grilled eggplant and roll it up into 'Rollatini'

4)  Serve along with Maggie hot and sweet sauce ( this one is my favorite.I can eat anything and everything with it!!!)  or Marinara sauce or Plain ketchup.

5) You can also bake the Rollatinis before serving with extra sauce and cheese on top.

                Enjoy the cheesy,spicy eggplant rollatini warm or hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment