Popular Recipes

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Appetizers"- Black- Eyed Beans Fritters/ Chavali che Vade/Vada


 'M' is out for work for 2 weeks, and my friends have been taking good care of me!!!!Almost everyday I have been going to lunch or dinner at some friends house...love you all for being so nice!!!
"A" had invited me over for dinner a couple days ago. I decided to make these fritters to take over, which I had been wanting to try out for so long.This is my friend Manisha's recipe.She says it was passed onto her by her 'in -laws'. The fritters/ vadas are crisp on outside, soft and spicy on the inside and have an 'irrestible' taste.
You got to try these out!



Ingredients:
1cup Black-eyed beans
1-2 green chilies
2 clove garlic
1tsp ginger paste
1tsp cumin seeds
1/2tsp Turmeric
salt
oil to fry

Method:
1) Soak the black eyed beans for 5-6 hours in water. Drain all the water.
2) Grind the beans along with ginger,garlic, green chilies,cumin,salt etc with minimal water into a coarse paste.
3) Add the turmeric and mix well.

4) Add small lemon size batter into hot oil and fry on medium heat till golden brown.
5) Serve hot along with a 'tangy' sauce like 'Maggie hot and sweet chili sauce' or plain ketchup.


My version of 'Hot and sweet' sauce:

1/4 cup Plain ketchup
1tsp Red chili-Garlic paste (store bought)
1/2 tsp sugar add more for more sweeter taste.
1/4 tsp salt
water to thin out the sauce
Mix everything together to get Spicy-Tangy-Sweet Sauce that goes well with anything and everything!!


No comments:

Post a Comment