Popular Recipes

Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Everyday Cooking"- Field Green Salad with Nectarines,Gloden Raisins,Nuts and Feta cheese

I was a pretty 'healthy' eater until I was pregnant with 'A'. I had severe aversion towards some foods in pregnancy and ate only what 'comforted' my stomach.Now you know what comforts a stomach don't you?????.....Calorie rich... Carbohydrate rich foods!! I ate cold sweet cereals and milk 3 times a day, I ate warm cheesy pastas, steaming hot rice with ghee ...
Now, I am trying to get back on track. I highlighted trying....because IT IS DIFFICULT to give up all that good food!!!! But with inspiration from my new friends 'G' and 'S'...the path to 'healthy eating ' seems 'walkable'!

Ingredients:
Any field greens of your choice like -Romaine lettuce, Arugula with Radicchio etc
2 unripe Nectarines (The juices will run out if they are too ripe)
Handful of toasted Almonds and Walnuts
1 tbsp golden raisins
1tbsp Feta cheese
1 tbsp Low fat 'Thousand Island dressing'- only a slight drizzle (I like its creaminess with fruits and nuts...but you can use 'Vinegrette' style dressings too)
Salt
Black pepper

Method:
1) Wash all the greens and chop.Drain well
2) Slice the nectarines.
3) Put everything together and add salt and pepper and Dig in!




2 comments:

  1. healthy n delicious salad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. new to me....but it's absolutely delicious !very healthy !

    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete