Popular Recipes

Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Fusion Cuisine'- Methi 'Ricotta' Mutter

'Ricotta cheese' isn't my refrigerator staple,but I am seeing that I am buying it more often than before and experimenting with it. It is a not 'real' cheese, has very creamy texture and blends well in both sweet and savory dishes. More so....I have started using it in Indian cuisine..making Pedhas, Rasmalai and now this -Methi 'Ricotta' Mutter.....which is as you all might know....a variant of  Methi 'Malai' Mutter.
Fenugreek/Methi has a distinct 'bitter' taste to it. If the bitterness in not your favorite..and you prefer mild tasting curries....this one is a good choice.
Last week, couple of my friends went to NY city for a weekend trip.I had asked them to get me some fresh methi from the Indian Grocery store.'M' isn't a big fan of just stir fried methi......so I thought I will make 'Methi-Mutter' but with Ricotta instead of the 'Malai'.

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups cleaned chopped methi leaves
1/2 cups frozen green peas
1/4 cup chopped onion
2tbsp Ricotta cheese
1tbsp milk powder
1 cup Milk
2 tsp ketchup
1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp cumin-coraineder powder
1/4tsp chili powder
1/4tsp garam masala
1pinch black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1bay leaf
1tsp ghee/butter
1/4tsp sugar
salt

Method:
1) Heat ghee/butter.Add cumin, bay leaf.Add onions saute till translucent.Add the chopped methi.Saute 2 mins
2) Add the milk, all the spices, milk powder, ketchup and let the methi cook on low flame
3) Add green peas and Ricotta cheese. Mix well.Let it boil for 2 mins.The curry is pretty thick.
4) Serve hot with naan/roti/rice.

1 comment: